This week I hope you’re feeling all the feels like I am, because it’s so fabulous, right? Unless you’re an earth sign that doesn’t feel as at home in your feels (Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo, I’m lookin’ at you 😉 ). Maybe I’m biased because I am a Cancer myself, but I’m personally loving it.
But let’s say that you need to feel things every once in a while, as we really all do. Let this week’s full moon in Cancer be one of those times. The Moon is at home in Cancer, which is ruled by it. This is all about those delicious emotions. And 2020 has been a year of….emotions, if nothing else.
Why not go out with a bang as this year ends, the final Full Moon of the year is in THE sign for feeling things, and we can wipe clean that slate of everything we went through, setting a strong foundation for a more stable 2021?
This bath ritual will help you tap into those emotions and channel them into something you want them to be, or something that can help you get what you want, or simply just offload them and wash them down the drain as this year closes out.
I designed this ritual to be both cleansing and empowering, hence Blood and Milk.
Blood is well known for its power in magick and ritual. It represents life force, power, energy, and the element fire. The ritual calls for dragon’s blood essential oil or fragrance oil, but you can certainly substitute a few drops of your own blood for that. Please do not use anyone else’s blood or blood of other animals for this particular ritual, as this is about you.
Milk is commonly used in ritual or magickal baths as a purifier and I’ve explored that a bit here. Historically, this is only attributed to animal-based milks, but I do know of vegan witches who have used plant-based milks such as coconut or oat milk in place of cow milk/goat milk. I can’t speak to whether it has the same intended effects or outcomes personally, though. So experiment with what works best for you.
What you will need:
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 5-10 drops of dragon’s blood oil, fragrance oil, or a few chunks of resin
- optional: a few drops of your own blood (using a diabetic lancet is the most sanitary and easiest way to obtain this, please do not collect your own blood if you are not sure how to do so safely without harm to yourself)
- 2 Tbsp rue*, fresh or dried
- Lilac blossoms**, dried or fresh, any color
What you will do:
- Run your bath as you normally would. I like to light candles of various symbolic colors around my tub and turn out the lights. I usually ask for any deities I feel are relevant to my working that night to attend and share with me.
- Add all the above ingredients to your bath and swirl around to mix well.
- Climb in!
- As you sink into the water, think of what you want to cut the chords from or let go of from this year. You might even want to make a list beforehand, and read it aloud or silently to yourself. When I do this, I usually light it on fire after reading it and then drop it in the water before I burn myself, but you can decide if that is safe or appropriate for your situation.
- Next think about what energy or emotions you want to call to yourself. Calm, peace, happiness, love, compassion, lust, ferocity– whatever you feel you need more of in your life. Feel those emotions as deeply as you can while you’re in the bath.
- Play some music you like, sing to yourself, show yourself love, masturbate– whatever you feel is representative of the emotions you’re feeling right then and the ones you want to face head on, or even those you want to tap into or call to yourself in the coming year. Make this about you.
- Stay in there as long as you need to feel cleansed of the past and ready for the future.
- You got this, witch.
*I add rue here because rue helps us cut ties and undo connections. She is a wise old crone that knows what we need, not necessarily what we want. She can unbind, uncross, and unblock us. If you feel a different herb is more appropriate for your needs here, please substitute as you desire.
**I add lilacs here because lilacs have so many magickal associations, among them abundance, prosperity, but also repelling negative energy, malicious spirits, and breaking through hardships or difficult times. If you feel another flower suits you best here, please substitute as you desire.