This is an easy candle spell (most candle spells are) for courage in any situation.
Whether you want to ask for a promotion, go skydiving for the first time, or move across the country to a totally new place, courage is something that we sometimes struggle with, because of self-doubt, and our inner voice that talks us out of things we truly want.
What You Will Need:
- At least one, but up to 3 of these dried herbs, about 1-2 Tbsp worth: fennel, borage, thyme, rosemary, st johns wort, nettle
- Olive oil, about 1/2 tsp
- a red candle and something to light it with
What You Will Do:
- Start out by cleansing yourself and your space however works best for you.
- Gather all your items into one location and cast a circle if you wish.
- Holding the candle in both hands, center and ground yourself, then meditate as long as you need to visualize what kind of courage, when and how you will need it and use it, and what you need the outcome of the courageous actions to produce.
- Transfer all of that visual intent and will to the candle energetically. Once it feels ‘full’, rub the outside of it in the olive oil.
- Roll the candle in the herbs to coat the outside of it as thoroughly as possible.
- Place it in a stable base or candle holder and light it. As you light it, remember your intent and why you need this courage. Say out loud:
Brave is my heart
Brave is my mind
I have the courage to act
and the courage to win
by this flame I call my courage up
as my will be done
7. Let the candle burn down all the way. If you have to leave and cannot monitor it, snuff it out, then re-light when you return and ensure it burns safely.