i posted yesterday about what tea magick is. go check out that brief post if you’re unfamiliar. and then i mentioned that i would have some more specific info on a tea spell for specifically prosperity.
in this prosperity spell, and most of my spells involving money, actually, i love to use basil. basil is known as the ‘money-maker’ herb, and for good reason. many cultures have used it from ancient times as a bringer of wealth, financial success, and prosperity, and it doesn’t hurt that its broad, green leaves look like money 😉
both mint and chamomile also have magickal properties that relate to money, finances, and wealth, and are super useful in spells concerning financial matters, for that reason.
cloves have long been associated with wealth in ancient as well as modern cultures, and witches have used these to bring about positive financial outcomes for as long as we’ve been writing things down or passing them on to new generations via stories and spoken word.
so here it my own personal tea spell for money matters, as promised!
what you will need:
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp mint (spearmint works best, i find)
- 1/2 tsp chamomile
- 2 clove buds
- 8-10 oz hot/boiling water
- a spoon
- *optional: lemon or honey
what you will do:
- first, make sure you read the post about tea magick so that you understand the importance of visualization here. the actual tea will steep for 6-10 minutes, and during that time is the perfect opportunity to meditate or otherwise visualize your very specific intended outcome.
- boil the water. while you are waiting for it to boil, put the herbs and cloves in a tea ball, tea bag, or whatever else you prefer to use to hold your loose leaf tea. (hint: if you wanna be extra fresh, get an electric kettle like the one i have; this has changed my life).
- pour the water over the herbs and add your lemon or honey. let steep for at least 6 minutes, but up to 12.
- during that time, sit with your hands around the cup (if its not too hot); you can also wrap a thin towel around it in order to hold it. feel the warmth spreading to your hands, up your arms, and into you.
- as you do this, close your eyes and begin to picture your exact outcome. this particular recipe is for a money or prosperity tea, so you will want to call forth a specific sum of money, or a specific windfall, perhaps in the form of a pay raise of a certain amount, for instance. this visualization needs to be strong and vivid for you. you need to picture it as if it has already happened.
- once you have done so and the tea has steeped, grab your spoon and stir 9 times clockwise, each full circle stir repeating (louder each stir around, until you complete the 9th circle):
power of basil, power of mint, power of chamomile, cloves that went
into my tea, bring the money desired by me
7. once you have repeated this 9 times, take a few sips and state out loud the sum of money (or other specific financial outcome).
8. finish the tea completely. you can dispose of the tea constituents, or keep them and bury them, depending on what you prefer (again, go read the article on tea magick and decide for yourself what you prefer to do with the remains of the spell).
that’s it. you may want to repeat the spell a few more times, if you’re new to this, or if you’re asking for a particularly large sum of money (but be realistic about what you’re asking for, okay?).
if you want to buy some of this delicious prosperity tea already made for you by an experienced witch, charged under the full moon, and endowed with the intention of wealth, i’ve got some for sale in the shop now!