What’s up, witches? It has been some time since I’ve written here, and I have no other excuse than I was in a funk. I mean, a deep, apathetic-state-of-mind kind of funk. I’m digging myself out of it, but, in doing so, I’ve been realizing that what started the whole thing was in no small part to me giving away my time, energy, power, and precious space in my head to people and places that didn’t deserve it, or weren’t reciprocating.
And so, I found it necessary to call back that energy. Necessary to call back that power. It wasn’t given freely by me, rather poached and stolen by others who had to intention of giving anything back, or even saying a simple thanks. Energy vampires are all around, and sometimes they end up being some of the people closest to us.
Being that it’s Samhain today/tomorrow, plus its a full moon, you just can’t get much better timing than that to take back what’s yours.
What you will need:
- a yellow candle (a white candle can substitute for any other color in a pinch)
- a lighter or matches
- optional: paper and pencil/pen if you want to write out a list of names/jobs/places etc specifically
What you will do:
- If you’re writing out your list of people, places, or things from which you are calling back your energy, write that all down first. Have the list in front of you.
- Raise your energy however you prefer.
- Light the candle.
- Say out loud 3 times:
“I call back my energy and power from those who took it without my consent [here is where you can name specific names, or simply picture those individuals or groups in your mind]
I call back my energy and power from previous jobs or employers that did not acknowledge my contributions*
I call back my energy and power from regret and guilt of my past decisions*
I sever all energetic ties to those people and places and will no longer let them access my energy and power. On them, I close the door.
I sever all energetic ties to those people and places and will no longer give them my energy power, no more.
May my energy and power blow back to me on the currents of the air
May my energy and power grow back to me through the layers of the earth
May my energy and power burn brightly in the flames of fire
May my energy and power flow back to me on the waves and rains of water”
*these lines are optional, and examples of specific situations you might want to include if relevant, but leave them out if they aren’t relevant to you
5. As you say the spell out loud, create a strong vision in your mind of a high vibration white light flowing into your heart chakra and spreading throughout your body, humming with intensity and energy. Let this light fill you, cover you, and raise your vibrations until you feel full, as if you could not take on any more energy.
6. Once you have completed calling back your energy, snuff out the candle, and picture cutting all energetic ties to the people, places, or things you named or listed.
After the spell, consider taking a ritual bath, spending some time doing things for yourself, and/or just relaxing.