Jade comes in a fairly broad variety of colors. It is most well-known for its green hues, but it can also be virtually every other color of the spectrum.
Another crystal, nephrite, has similar green hues, similar hardness, but is a different type of mineral. It typically can only be found in white, olive greens, browns, and black.
Jade can be found in many ancient religions and cultures across the globe. It was especially prized for making tools and weapons, because of how hard it is, which makes it resistant to chipping or wear.
Magickal properties attributed to (green) jade include:
- dreaming and psychic dreams
- accessing the spiritual world, especially during dreams
- wealth and prosperity
- longevity (living a long, healthy life)
- good luck
- used to treat and cure kidney ailments
- calm and soothing
- soothes frazzled nerves
- promotes tranquility
Other Jade Colors
In addition to the properties listed above, other colors of jade have further, more specific magickal or metaphysical qualities:
- red jade is an action stone and promotes bravery
- orange jade is stimulating, but less so than red, and brings joy and celebration
- yellow jade is cheer and joy
- blue jade has many of the same qualities as green jade as far as promoting calm and psychic dreams
- purple jade helps to keep your aura clean and clear
- black jade is protective
Jade is a rational crystal. It helps us make informed decisions and promotes clarity of thought, as well as reasoning through a problem, rather than rash decision-making.
It is also said to be a very strong cleansing crystal for the body, promoting improved detoxification and clearance of waste and free radicals, hence its connection to the kidneys, where the majority of toxic byproducts are excreted.
Jade is often used in crystal facial rollers for its powers of youthfulness and health.
Because of its connection to the spiritual world during dreams, it is considered a crystal for spiritual growth and self-realization.
Being green, obviously, it has really powerful connections to the heart chakra, and can aid in healing blockages of that chakra, which often leave us overly critical of others and wanting to control other people around us.
It can also be used as a protective crystal from negative energy and harmful entities during magickal practices.